Friday, November 30, 2007

We love toilets!

For those of you who don't know, I have a big secret. Shhhh.... I drive a minivan. I know, I know, it is terrible! (I feel like I need a sign that reads "I am single and have one, yup, only one kid") Anyways...we have been told that the new work car is going to be the Ford Fusion. Sporty. Cute.

Cute - remember that, I will come back to it.

So, one of my coworkers is due to get a new car and does not want the Fusion - she is bummed to be losing her minivan. So, I offered to switch and take the new car. Hey, I get to order a brand new car! What could be cooler?

I went to the dealer today to pick out what I wanted and my colors. Isabel was with me and did not quite understand how we would get the car. When I told her that it was coming in the mail, she insisted that the car is too big for the mail. (She also wanted red, but I keep telling her that it is going to be black when it comes home.)

After going to the dealer, I stopped by my mom's to pick up some decorations that I had in storage. When I opened the back of my minivan, I noticed that I had the following:
one toilet (bowl and tank)
two toilet seats
one flushometer
one commercial faucet
one kitchen faucet
three boxes of literature

and, well that is as far as I could see from the pile. (the decorations went up front with Isabel)

Remember cute?

Did I just order a cute car? This is going to get interesting... Although I am excited to get a new car and lose the stigma of driving a minivan, I am not so good at packing - my car is going to be a jumble!

Back at home, Isabel spent the evening chanting "We love toilets! We love toilets!" --- just had to throw that in there because it was cute enough to earn the title of this entry.

The moral of the story? I will now be trying hard to get rid of said toilet, seats, faucet, flushometer and all other random items in my mini.

6 comments:

andygoose said...

Why didn't you get a white one, so it looks like you drive a big toilet?

See I'm smaht, I think of those things.

kpett said...

I just checked the Ford Fusion website - the trunk volume is 15.8 cubic feet. It doesn't look like too many toilets will fit inside . . .

What_happened? said...

anybody need one?

andygoose said...

Not at the moment, buy maybe after my morning coffee...

What_happened? said...

I have now left one toilet in my mom's yard. Guess I need to pick it up before it snows tomorrow.

kpett said...

I'll bet your mom's neighbors liked that!