Sunday, November 11, 2007

In the begining, there was Veteran's Day

Day one of "the blog." I thought I would give the intro about why I am opening my life up to the word. It is interesting. Bottom Line.

Hahahaaa -- ooh, I just gave myself a good laugh there! Actually, I just wanted you to see from my daily adventures that someone's life is worse than yours. Do you believe in a higher power? I do and I firmly believe he is up there watching my life play out like the weekly sitcom. The two biggest things in my life are my job (toilets) and my daughter (single mom, only child). They both manage to keep my life going!

~~~

Amazingly fitting that today is Veteran's day. We have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of my brother home from Iraq on mid-tour vacation. After spending the morning at the local parade, which consisted of precisely 1 marching band, 8 corvettes, 50 boy and girl scouts and a fire truck, we convened to my mom's house to relax. My brother Joe enters the house, "I saw a soldier in uniform walking down the street that looked like Kevin." So, my mom runs down the street, tears streaming to embrace my brother home for two weeks. Ah, poetic. Slightly cheesy and completely fitting for the holiday.

The next few weeks are sure to be fun-filled: the crazy family wedding, the wild Thanksgiving, and then the move into the Christmas holiday. Keep reading!

3 comments:

andygoose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
andygoose said...

Absolutely your life is interesting! How many other people do you know that have had a blog dedicated to them and their life's passion???

So if your life is really a sitcom what role do I get to play? If you're Elaine, I'm probably George. Kpett could be Kramer, since their names start with K's and they have the exact same quirks (sometimes hard to tell them apart really).

Or maybe I'm the guy that shows up at the wrong time and says the wrong thing. Like the time I ran into at a restaurant and you were out on a date with a Marine and I said "So if you think Iwo Jima was tough wait until you take THIS one home tonight!"

AH HA...I crack myself up....

Glad that your brother got to make it home!

Happy Belated Veterans Day!

What_happened? said...

Well, I am a pretty lucky girl! There is some blasphemy on your site. I need to start brining my camera into the toilet.

I promise, no doodie pics