Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The toilet pick-up line?

One of the perks(?) of my job is evenings out schmoozing with various people in the home/construction/real estate business and what-not. Tonight I had an event which I just wanted to pop in and visit - no major involvement needed on my part.

So, I meet a woman and I am talking to her about where I live, looking for a new place, real estate market, etc. I mentioned that my mom watches my daughter and I do not want to move too far from her. She suddenly asks "Are you seeing someone?"

I was confused.... what did she mean? how do you answer this question? does she mean work or personally? ....

I gave her a puzzled look and said "Seeing a real estate agent?" The funny look on my face must have embarrassed her. She quickly recovered "No, I mean, are you married? Do you have a boyfriend?"

Well, being in a mainly male workforce, I was always warned that I would be hit on. I never expected it to be by a woman! It caught me a little off guard until she explained that she meant for her son who is a single parent also.

Don't be surprised; I did my pitch for the group and gave her my number. We may have increased by one!

3 comments:

andygoose said...

Hmmm, toilet pick-up lines...

"So, tell me more about your end of the business."

"Wanna check out my facilities?"

"Should I call you in the morning, or just wait to hear the flush?"

"You sell plumbing supplies? Then maybe you can help cause I'm all backed up."

"Are you from Wisconsin? Cuz that booty looks like it's spent a lot of time on a Kohler."

What_happened? said...

Care to unclog my pipes.

ouch.

andygoose said...

"Care to jiggle my handle?"