Wednesday, November 14, 2007

How do you determine where you have been and where you are going?

How do you determine? Is your life mapped out? Do you know where you are going? Where you have been?

These were the deep thoughts running through my mind today when I took a much needed break from the road today. I pulled over and RAN into McDonald's in Uxbridge after downing 2 cups of coffee on the road.

I open the stall door and immediately think, "Hmmm... an American Standard." Toilet, that is.

I didn't just notice the toilet. I thought for a while about how this American Standard toilet ended up in a McDonald's less than a mile from one of my stores. How did we miss this? Who sold them this toilet? Why did they put an American Standard in?

It occurred to me when I got back into the car that I literally take note of the toilets everywhere I go. I am a woman obsessed. Sometimes, in particularly desperate times, I even lift up the seat with my foot to check the seat brand.

Those of you who have been to dinner with me have probably been subject to my description of what toilet is in the bathroom at the restaurant we happen to be at. A coworker told me that if I ever find one of my toilets that isn't working, I will probably fix it. In a restaurant. A public place. Me.

So where was I last week? American Standard, Kohler, Kohler, Church, American Standard, Kohler.

Where am I going? Probably Kohler, Kohler, American Standard - if I am feeling a little wild, there may be a Toto in there.

Like I said at the bottom of the page, don't be jealous.

Oh, and right now? I am off to a Mansfield (with a Church seat)...

2 comments:

andygoose said...

I'm jealous...I'm just not sure why...

kpett said...

I was bummed when I went to the Build Boston convention and Kohler was not represented. Toto had a huge display right at the main entrance . . .