Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Clog in my Pipes.

A couple of days - err... weeks ago, the toilet in my half bath became clogged. No culprits have been named. I looked at my mom. She looked at Isabel. Isabel blamed it on her imaginary brother. There was no plunger in there. (Hey, if it was a Kohler, it wouldn't have clogged in the first place!)

I go to my brother's bathroom and steal his plunger and use it for 3 days. It was pretty lousy and didn't really plunge very good, but one out of three flushes actually worked without assistance, so I figured I was doing pretty good!

Then I noticed that I also had a plunger in my other bath - woo-hoo! Victory! Nope, this one was worse than the original. I don't think that one even deserves to be called a plunger - it will most likely go into the trash on the next dumpster run.

My mom was making fun of my malfunctioning toilet (I work with them all day afterall) so I made a desperate attempt and purchased a brand spanking new plunger from Target. This one had to work. The handle looks like... well, I am not going to say - you will have to come see and make your own conclusions about what the handle looks like.

No luck. Flush. Clog. Plunge. Plunge. Flush. Clog. Flush. Clog. Plunge. Plunge. Flush. etc.

Finally, my mom offers up the "snake" that they have at our house. I guess with 9 boys, they had a lot of use for these growing up.

I borrowed the snake tonight. Now, I have worked with a lot of plumbers. I have seen the snake at work multiple times and have the process down. It should be easy to do. Wrong again. (are you getting the theme?) I called my mom and begged for my dad's help.

He came over. Plunge. (with plunger #3). Flush. Flush. Flush. Flush.

Done.

He did it in one plunge.

And now to go with my humilation I have 3 plungers and a snake in a half bath off my kitchen.

2 comments:

kpett said...

That is funny, in more ways than one!

Curious what the plunger handle looks like though . . .

Unknown said...

This was quite a frustrating experience for you, but when you think about it now, it sounds kinda hilarious. Good thing your dad came over and helped. When your toilet is clogged, it is when you realized that having a plunger is a must! Anyway, I hope your clogging issue is resolve. But if you are still having plumbing problems, it’s much better to seek the help of a professional.

Levi Eslinger