Friday, January 18, 2008

There is a new ad campaign for Charmin that has really gotten me thinking. The campaign focuses on trying to bring back customers who have "turned there back" on Charmin. How are they planning to do this? By having "stronger" toilet tissue. Some like it "soft" - and I guess others like it "strong."




My immediate reaction was, "Wow, I never buy Charmin because it is too soft. I wonder if this is as good as the stuff I use." I will admit - I like the cheap Scott toilet paper. It is almost like sandpaper. Wonderful.

If my marriage had not broken up for the obvious reasons, I think toilet paper would have done us in anyways. We needed two rolls in the bathroom. Charmin and Scott.

Why are we so serious about our toilet paper? It amazes me that almost subconsciously we all have such strong opinions about the type of paper that we use. I never really gave it a lot of thought until I saw the Charmin ads. I now know that I am not alone in my devotion to one type of toilet paper or another.

I hold very few strong opinions. Politics? Eh, who cares. Food? All great.

Toilet paper? Has to be Scott!

(How did toilet paper make that very elite list? (of which I can't think of anything else, but I know I must have some opinions.)

And this can only lead to one other very serious, very important discussion. Do you put your toilet paper on the roll hanging over or under?

(You may laugh at that one - when I am at your house next time, I will change it and see how quick you notice. It will be quick.)

7 comments:

kpett said...

I have 'Angel Soft' - special brand for septic systems. How does this rate?

Also, the roll has to be 'over'. . .

What_happened? said...

Over is good.

Angel Soft -- that may be a point of contention.

Keri said...

I don't care if the paper if over or under. I'm just grateful when someone changes the role when they've used it all. I don't think Ev, at 21, even knows how to change the role, although he always leaves a new one on the back of the toilet....

As for brands, I grew used to the Sam's club brand when I was in PA...it wasn't as linty as the other "soft" cheapo brands.

Keri said...

Damn Ollie is rubbing off on me...just realized that I typed role instead of roll :)

andygoose said...

Perhaps your focus should be on what you're eating...if you need sandpaper to remove any traces...

Anonymous said...

Have you considered changing the name of this blog to the "Log Blog". Just saying.

What_happened? said...

No, that would interfere with my "Log log" - I don't want to get them confused.